This is the Share Your Music Thread

Almost anything goes: introductions, off topic, etc. If you're not sure where to post something, it probably goes here. (Email subscription coming)

Re: This is the Share Your Music Thread

Postby Alzin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 pm

That's cool! I enjoy nintendocore, it's a cool style with a unique sound.

And now I know what quantize means. :) It's what everybody is complaining about! Taking all life from the recordings etc. For real recordings, I wouldn't use it, I could programm from the beginning on if I wanted it that way. But in electronic music, it doesn't bother me that much. Maybe later I'll search for a way to make things sound "warmer".
My music: http://www.youtube.com/therealjes
Alzin

Postby Synapse309 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 am

I had a drum computer once that featured a "swing" option that would offset every second beat a little bit so it would sound a little more organic, but that's no good either...

I like electronic music, but the natural aspect is sort of removed when you are sequencing and programming rather than using input devices and "playing" your expander live.

I'd love nothing more than to know how to play a string instrument really well, or even the piano.
"well, at least you don't have to listen to me..."

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby Alzin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 am

Synapse309 wrote:I had a drum computer once that featured a "swing" option that would offset every second beat a little bit so it would sound a little more organic, but that's no good either...

I like electronic music, but the natural aspect is sort of removed when you are sequencing and programming rather than using input devices and "playing" your expander live.

I'd love nothing more than to know how to play a string instrument really well, or even the piano.

Many modern drum computers have a feature that is entitled something like "humanizer". They randomly offset beats so it sounds like a real drummer. You can go from "good and tight drummer" to "really crappy beginner". :lol:
If you have a natural sounding midi-programm and a midi-keyboard (that you can actually play), it is possible to make "living" elektronic music. But I don't have the keybord and the ability to play it.
Alzin

Postby Synapse309 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 am

Alzin wrote:If you have a natural sounding midi-programm and a midi-keyboard (that you can actually play), it is possible to make "living" elektronic music. But I don't have the keybord and the ability to play it.

I have a MIDI keyboard and I can play, but I don't have a MIDI interface for my sequencer, so I can't link them. And recording the keyboard via line-in or MIC doesn't do it for me. I'd rather play flute anyway...

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby utelo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 pm

great, thank you Synapse!! I'm a total fan of this kind of music :P
(don't take care, I'm just going by, go on, please :) )
utelo

Postby Synapse309 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 am

utelo wrote:great, thank you Synapse!! I'm a total fan of this kind of music :P
(don't take care, I'm just going by, go on, please :) )

Are you commenting on the link to my old 3-voice polyphonic?

DISCLAIMER:
Synapse309

Postby throatsinger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:50 am

Here is a snippet from last night's gig at 42nd Ave. Station. It's an excerpt from the premiere of a new semi-improvised piece called Chaco Spirits.

http://www.khoomei.com/mp3s/chacospiritsliveexc.mp3

Artists: Johnna Morrow and Steve Sklar
©2011 Skysong Productions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Enjoy,
throatsinger
grand pooba

Postby Alzin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4EE1xd ... ideo_title
Guess why it's called "End of an Era".