yodeling and overtones

Non-Central Asian overtone/harmonic singing goes here. (Email subscription coming)

yodeling and overtones

Postby kiva » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I haven't noticed anything here about the combination of yodeling and overtones, so here goes. Any aficionados out there, besides Wolfgang Saus and Christian Zehnder?

Since I'm in the process of creating some specific notated exercises combining yodeling with overtones, during a recent yodel surfing expedition, I came across this magnificent blog site called 'Yodel Heaven', which it definitely is. You'll find a huge amount of rare (downloadable) mp3s on yodeling all over the world, as well as several throat singing and overtone singing tracks. Even Arthur Miles.

http://www.mademoisellemontana.wordpress.com
kiva

Re: yodeling and overtones

Postby Synapse309 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 am

Aha! Yodeling.... . . .
I tried it on rare occasions. Difficult to do quiet. I understand there are different styles of yodeling, too... curiosity successfully sparked...
"well, at least you don't have to listen to me..."

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby kiva » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, it's ready. The yodel/ harmonics combo I was speaking of- the exercises I created for it. It's all part of the online course I've launched.
You can check the whole kit and caboodle here. http://www.harmonicovertones.com
kiva

Postby Synapse309 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 am

Oh way cool. And professionally presented! Nicely done...

Does it come in more than one language?

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby kiva » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks for the comment. Sorry, it only comes in English.
kiva

Postby Synapse309 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 am

Don't be sorry. Would you offer it in Czech or German if you could produce it? I could help transcribe the script...

DISCLAIMER:
Synapse309

Postby kiva » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:20 am

Wow, both Czech and German would be very helpful, though it would be a huge job...there is SO much material here in this course, with 12 videos and lots of text. Maybe sometime in future if possible. I'll keep you in mind, and thanks for offering.
kiva

Postby Synapse309 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:49 am

Well, I always wanted to work on a multi-lingual project. I did some translating for Jens Mügge of www.overtone.cc and that was a lot of German legal copy that needed to be in English. If you ever read "legalese" you understand that can be difficult to explain to someone who speaks the language, let alone someone of another tongue...

I also speak French...

DISCLAIMER:
Synapse309

Return to Overtone Singing and Other Vocalizations