Finnaly found some horse, long enough to restring my morin huur (35 inches long, 1/8 less wouldn't have fit :? ), and I would share this :
the original strings were in fact nylon ones, and must say the sound is now really softer, not regarding power, but rather timber, and the pressure needed REALLY different. Won't say harder or easier to play, but maybe more balanced regarding the tension of the bow.
Big one was made of about 180 little strings, and the little 125. I first followed what I read on a website about morin huur strings :
150 hairs for the big one, 120 for the little , and 90 for the bow, the total amount supposed to be 360 hairs, as the degrees of acircle... I'm not much in such symbolism
But I wasn't able to tune the strings to F - Bb, has done before. Even by transposing the 5th to other tones : what ever I tried the low string was too loose, and the thin one too tighten... No way to go further than 1 and 1/2 tones and get the MH playable.
I used the "original" number, 180 and 125 and it's OK as this.
As a tip : the hairs where hard to bring all together and one end, and to keep tighten all the same way to tie them from bridge to nut, and some where a bit shorter.
So I started with nearly 10 hairs more in each string, and removed the ones not tied later.